Act & Sing 1
3 Mini-Musicals for Young Learners
|Author(s):||Günter Gerngross, Anette Claus, Uli Führe|
€ 29.90 (incl. VAT, excl. postage & packaging)
|Add to wish list Add to cart|
Act & Sing 1 offers you 3 amusing playlets in simple English which are quick to produce without great effort. Each piece lasts between 10 and 15 minutes, making them ideal for performances both in class and at parents’ evenings or special school occasions.
Working on the mini musicals enables pupils to learn using all of their senses. The work supports
- social learning, making use of all the senses and promoting teamwork and creativity;
- early foreign language teaching, by providing playful, graphic, and active access to the language;
- music teaching by allowing pupils to experience the relationship between music and language, and through the opportunities for performing that it provides.
All of the songs are always sung by the class, so no solo voices are needed. The accompanying voices and instrumental pieces provided can be added as desired. As aids to orientation and learning, the accompanying CD contains complete performances of all the musicals, spoken and sung by native speakers. In addition, the CD contains playback versions of all the pieces so that they can be performed without instruments.
- Help for Father Christmas: Somebody steals Father Christmas’s sack of presents. His friends catch the thieves and Christmas is saved!
- Easter Eggs Surprise: What do Easter bunnies do when they run out of eggs? They go to the hens to get some more, and that can have surprising results!
- Help from Friends: The evil wizard turns children into household robots. When that happens, only their friends can help!
For each of the pieces, the imaginatively illustrated four-color booklet provides you with
- an overview of the contents, roles, materials required, etc.;
- specific suggestions for rehearsals;
- the entire text together with directions for individual scenes;
- photocopiable pages containing the text and music;
- photocopiable pages for “picture dictionaries”;
- photocopiable pages containing masks, etc.